I LOVE to bake and I’m ALWAYS looking at healthier recipe options. This one I found on pinterest. 😀
Shout out to Texanerin Baking for a great chewy and delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe
1 cup blanched almond flour (I use Bob’s RedMill)
1/4 cup coconut flour (Bob’s)
1 teaspoon no aluminum baking soda (Bob’s)
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
6 tablespoon coconut oil (I keep mine room temp for better mixing) (I use Garden of Life)
3/4 coconut sugar (I use 1 tablespoon tupelo honey for low glycemic)
6 tablespoon almond butter (I use Once Again Organic)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I use Lafaza)
1 large egg room temp (I use local free range)
1 1/4 vegan chocolate chips (I use Artisan Kettle)
1. Mix together flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
2. In large bowl, beat together coconut oil, and sugar (or alternative). May need to mix with hands if not coming together (I do this first).
3. Then add almond butter, vanilla, and egg to oil and sugar until well blended. Once well blended, add in flour mix slowly. Blend well. Then mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
4. Sit in fridge for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350, prep pan (I use parchment paper for easy clean up and easy cooling).
6. Roll cookies into balls and place on pan. I flatten my cookies a little once on pan for more even baking. Then add the rest of the chocolate chips around and on top of cookies. Make sure to space cookies.
7. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until brown on the sides. Take out and cool 🙂
I enjoy mine with a nice glass of cold unsweetend nut milk